[arachne] Re: INFO NEEDED FOR POSSIBLE FUTURE DOS/ARACHNESUPPORT

  • From: "Bastiaan Edelman" <bastiaan.pa3ffz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:56:56 +100

You are NOT using re-writable CD's, are you??
I had a lot of problems with them and consulting glennmcc
who helped me with burning CD's in DOS... ONLY one-way
CD's can be used with the programs he once supplied.

Regards, Bastiaan

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 17:01:40 +0930, Greg Mayman wrote:
;Text preceeding quote o

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 02:10:13 -0800, Eric S. Emerson wrote:

>> Arachne at FreeLists---The Arachne Fan Club!

>> Hi Greg M.,
>>                  I find that sometimes after burning
>> a CD that it appears blank and the CD/DVD drive
>> has to be re-initialized. Sometimes just opening and
>> closing the drive tray fixes it...other times a reboot
>> is required.  I assume it has something to do with
>> the driver.  It happens with both my DOS 486 computer
>> and W$n computers...and...it happens with both
>> brand new drives and older drives

> I have tried reading the disk with the burner drive and also with the
> non-burner drive on the same computer, and each time it comes up empty.

> Except that if I try to burn it again, I get the message that "this disk
> contains data. Do you want to erase it?" and the same message again
> after it has been fast-erased and fully-erased...

> Got real doubts about the software I'm using, or possibly the hardware,
> or possibly both.....

> Unfortunately the CD drive on the DOS comp has now ceased to read any
> disks. I may have to open it up and manually clean the laser as the
> cleaning disk will not work under DOS.

> (BTW, I am using proper read-write blank disks)

> Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
> and remember what peace there may be in silence.
>    "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

> ,-./\
> /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
> \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E

>              Arachne at FreeLists
> -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

This mail is composed and sent by the Arachne Browser for DOS.

This is Arachne A4D version...

-- Arachne;A4e;1q:20