[24hoursupport] Re: The Myth Of The 100-Year CD-Rom

  • From: GaryLetC@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:57:37 EST

In a message dated 2/8/05 11:05:36 AM Central Standard Time,
Madrachod@xxxxxxx writes:

<< All my life, disc has been spelled, "disc", now
 they're sometime's being spelled, "disk", but we're still talking about a
flat
 round thing. >>

    As I understand it, it started with magnetic discs that were
used for computer storage being spelled "disk". Now, it has
expanded to CD's, CD-ROM's, DVD's, etc., also. Gary