[24hoursupport] Re: The Myth Of The 100-Year CD-Rom

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:54:32 -0800

Hi Audiophiles,
take a look at this program;
Adobe=AE Audition=99 1.5
http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/main.html
Adobe=AE Audition=99 1.5 software is a professional audio editing
environment. Designed for demanding audio and video professionals, Adobe
Audition offers advanced audio mixing, editing, and effects processing
capabilities. Its flexible workflow, combined with exceptional ease of use
and precise tools, gives you the power to create rich, nuanced audio of the
highest possible quality.

Take a look on the righ hand side for the free trial.

<mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
<virusinfo-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 2/11/2005 at 12:35 AM Madrachod@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 2/10/2005 3:56:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Our favorite musical electronics supplier, American Musical Supply, phone
rep didn't know about DBX, and their tech support staff is out for training
until tomorrow, so I can call them back then and ask about this.
He did say there is a company called DBX that makes various units, but
he didn't know anything about reduction of tape hiss.
    I'm pretty sure you can actually buy a small, possibly single-space
rack-mount unit, that does nothing BUT put DBX into and out of action.  I
just bought a Tascam 4-track porta-studio about 2 years ago and it has
DBX on it, so it can't be that out-dated that nothing comes equipped with
it anymore.

If the tape player produces the hiss from friction, then it would produce
it on playback too?
    Yes.

Then I suppose the thing to do might be to get some kind of signal
processor that would go between the tape deck and the speakers,
to process the noise out.
I think that's basically what DBX is, but in most cases it's onboard of
whatever tape player/recorder you have.

I'll try AMS tech support tomorrow.

BTW, the Marantz has 'off-B-C' Dolby, but nothing called DBX. The Dolby
actually removes some of the finer signal highlights and deadens the sound
somewhat, so I never use it.
    I stopped using, too, years ago.  If you record with Dolby and playback
without it the tape sounds twice as noisy.

But if we can figure out what to get, and use it with the Marantz, I would
be all for it.
    Go for it, go with it, go to it, go nuts, go absolutely WILD!!!!

                            Dale