[24hoursupport] Re: The Myth Of The 100-Year CD-Rom

  • From: "William B. Lurie" <billurie@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:29:12 -0500

Please excuse me for asking what might be a trivial question....but,

How many of you have discovered that the data/software CD that
contains computer programs and their instruction books these
days, is quite fragile? Even if you don't break them, taking them
out of their plastic boxes, have you found that the optical surface
can be damaged with ease, and not last 100 days much less
100 years? That a speck of dirt, and possibly oil from the skin,
can render them useless?

          Bill Lurie