[24hoursupport] Re: The Myth Of The 100-Year CD-Rom

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:09:13 EST

By the way, kids, I'll bet none of you remember this, but, about 10 to 15
years ago, someone (I don't know the name of the company but I have the
advertising flier for it here somewhere) came out with a turntable that played
records
with a laser instead of a needle!!  It would just hover over the record and
the laser would read the grooves like the one in a cd player reads the info on
cd, and you would get clear perfect sound from it.  You could play a very
dirty and scratchy record on it and it would sound like it was brand new
because
the laser would only track the grooves not the scratches.  And, it could even
play 78's and make them sound brand new, too.  Problem was, it was about
$1000.00!!  If they'd still have them today they would probably have come down
in
price dramatically.  I certainly wouldn't mind having one.

                            Dale