[24hoursupport] Re: The Myth Of The 100-Year CD-Rom

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 07:19:20 EST

In a message dated 2/7/2005 6:14:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I still have my perfectly functional Thorens turntable with a $100
like-new needle, and stacks of old vinyl lp's...:)

    Groovy!!  Keep the faith, baby!  I have about 47000 records dating back
to the late 1800's.  My oldest record is an old Edison cylinder, next are a few
Edison disc's, these were the same size as 78's, but just a little bit faster
(about 80 r.p.m.) and were 1/4 inch thick.  They'd stamp the record's
catalogue number in the edge of the record!!  The rest of the collection is
made up
of thousands of 78's, 45's and albums (33's) and few hundred cassettes and
cd's.  I'm still buying vinyl to this day.  The last three Super Furry Animals
albums were all pressed on vinyl.  So is the new Brian Wilson album, "Smile".
Had I known, I would've bought that instead of the cd.  The vinyl has extra
tracks on it, too.
    As long as ya take care of the vinyl, it'll never go bad on ya.

                            Dale