[24hoursupport] Re: The Myth Of The 100-Year CD-Rom

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:38:31 -0600

Dale,

Our favorite musical electronics supplier, American Musical
Supply, phone rep didn't know about DBX, and their tech support
staff is out for training until tomorrow, so I can call them back
then and ask about this. He did say there is a company called DBX
that makes various units, but he didn't know anything about
reduction of tape hiss.

If the tape player produces the hiss from friction, then it would
produce it on playback too? Then I suppose the thing to do might
be to get some kind of signal processor that would go between the
tape deck and the speakers, to process the noise out.

I'll try AMS tech support tomorrow.

BTW, the Marantz has 'off-B-C' Dolby, but nothing called DBX. The
Dolby actually removes some of the finer signal highlights and
deadens the sound somewhat, so I never use it.

But if we can figure out what to get, and use it with the Marantz,
I would be all for it.

Oe6