[modeleng] Re: Accidents

  • From: "alan stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:57:18 +0100

Peter,
I could understand and accept the rules if there was any evidence that, (a)
it was needed, and (b) that it would make life safer for those at risk.
Without either, I feel that it is just another intrusion into our lives.

And then there is the problem, as reported in the press recently of numerous
people being given an incorrect report by the powers that be.
If the system isnt infallible, then it isnt worth relying upon.

I used to be a Scoutmaster, and they too have such checks, but perhaps, and
I emphasise, perhaps, it is required more for them and similar people who
have close and regular contact with  the children under their charge.
After all, the driver of a loco usually has zero contact with the
passengers.

Neverthless, as you say, it is a situation that most clubs will have to
face.
Alan