[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Marilynz Seitz <marilynz_s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 14:09:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Andrew,

  I agree with you, cyberstalking is a scary thing. I have teenage children
that I talk to frequently about it. I will pop in and look over their shoulder
to see what they are doing on the Internet, and they get mad. I don't care, I
tell them I have to look out for them because the stalkers get smarter and
smarter.

Bill Gates <ajslcc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hey all,
  The societal issue that I decided to do was cyberstalking and protecting our
kids from it.  The internet website that supports my clause is:
http://www.projectsafechildhood.gov/guide.htm.  This website is all about
something that President Bush made that's called Project Safe Childhood which
pretty much protects kids from pedophiles.  These men that establish
friendships with kids in chat rooms and such things, and then meet with them
and engage in criminal activities makes me so sick to my stomach.  But also on
the other hand, the kids that give out all this personal information on the
internet are pretty ridiculous.  The Project Safe Childhood teaches kids what
they should and shouldn't say or put out on the internet.  This could all be
avoided if the parents would just set parental controls on the certain websites
that kids go to.  A website that supports that is:
http://kids.getnetwise.org/tools/ispoptions.

  Andrew Sharrah
  ?The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI
agents.?

http://mail.yahoo.com

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Marilyn Seitz
marilynz_s@xxxxxxxxx

 It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong.-
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-82)
http://mail.yahoo.com