[citw150] CITW 150 L3Q5

  • From: Marilynz Seitz <marilynz_s@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: listserv <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:49:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everybody,

  The subject I chose to write about was "Sleuthing". I used to work in the
Collections Department of a financial institution back when the Internet was
not around. The main tool that was used for collecting was the telephone. Now
there are companies that you can subscribe to that can find those people by
using the information someone has knowingly or unknowingly put out on the
Internet. The company I looked up was Discreet Data Research
http://www.discreetdata.com/. For a fee they can get an address to go with a
cell phone number, the new cell phone number from a disconnected cell phone
number, etc... With companies like this around it makes it hard for anyone to
hide. On the other hand, if someone may be looking for you, how easy are you to
find?

If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Marilyn Seitz
marilynz_s@xxxxxxxxx

 It takes less time to do things right than to explain why you did it wrong.-
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-82)