[citw150] CITW 150 L3Q5

  • From: Chris Arseneau <arseneau0313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:55:44 -0700 (PDT)

Chat Room Decency

The idea of decency changes based on the enviroment
you are in and who you are with. The idea of setting a
standard of decency is hard, we must set it at a level
so low that it wouldn't allow anythign beyond the
scope of a child. But that is too much cencorship. But
simply the problem with deceny especially in relation
to a child, is that what is needed is supervision,
rather than cencsorship. Dissallow the child to become
involved with material that may be inapropriate, and
there is no need to cenceor people who know better and
don't need to be cencored. But thats off subject,
Cencorship is a way of avoiding decency, by just
covering it up. Its one solution but it doesn't solve
the decency problem.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9703/cda.scotus/against/

Chris arseneau0313@xxxxxxxxx

"I'm reliable sources, I'll tell ya anything you want me to know."

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/