[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: b m <taz61080@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 18:12:13 -0700 (PDT)

Class,

Apparently, I hadn't been paying as much attention to web sites as I should
have been.  I have not noticed any trustmark certifications before going to the
TRUSTe web site and doing a little research.
I think web sites certifying that all of the information obtained will be used
for ethical purposes is a good idea.  Before, one never knew what mailing list
they may end up on because of ordering items off of the internet, or any other
transaction involving the internet.
According to the Truste web site (http://www.truste.org), American Express is
actually one of the mosted trusted companies on the internet as far as privacy
issues are concerned.
After doing the research for this assignment I will more than likely pay more
attention to "trustmarks" that i see on web sites.

Bradley Miller

"Education is what survives when what has been learned has been forgotten."
?Education in 1984? New Scientist 21 May 64

Yahoo! for Good