[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5

  • From: Josh Holcomb <holcomj8@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:38:24 -0700 (PDT)

I completely agree with you on this issue because companies should be
responsible for what they are doing, and if they are spying on people and
taking your information without you knowing about it, there should be criminal
charges. I think privacy needs to continue to improve so people can feel safer
when on the net.

Josh Holcomb

Nick Hardin <nhardin2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I chose Clear GIF Web Bugs as the societal issue involving the Internet.  Clear
GIF Web Bugs are an out of control privacy invasion.  I don?t think most people
know much about them and for the most part you don?t see them.  Advertising
companies use them to build data bases for profiling.  This is an overlooked
problem, people complain about spam mail and pop-ups, but they have to get
their information from somewhere.  When a website doesn?t tell you that they
are monitoring you and what they are using to monitor you, then you should
assume that you would not want them to know that information.  You can turn
your cookies of f, but then you have trouble getting onto some web sites and
viewing them properly.  I think there should be large fines for companies that
are spying and collecting your data without your permission.
http://www.eff.org/Privacy/Marketing/web_bug.html

Think Positive

Nickolas Hardin
NHardin2000@xxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! for Good

I have gathered a posie of other men?s flowers, and nothing but the thread that
binds them is mine own.

Josh Holcomb
Holcomj8@xxxxxxxxx

Yahoo! for Good