[pure-silver] Re: New color head "discoveries"

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:56:02 -0500

I adjust my film development times to yield negatives that print with normal
contrast on VC paper *without* any filtration.  Depending on the brand of paper
this is comparable to a grade 2 to 2-1/2 graded paper.  This usually requires
developing for longer than the manufacturer's published times (which seem to be
for condenser enlargers).
Agfa is the only manufacturer that I know of that publishes film development
times for different gammas (CI or whatever).  I use filtration only for those
negatives which need some tweeking.

Jerry