-=PCTechTalk=- Re: audacity/old tape cassette recording project

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:28:50 -0400

Cristy,
    Yes, I'm suggesting that you'll have the cleanest tape transport in the
world when you're all done ripping these.  More importantly, your rips will
be the bet they can be, unfettered by tiny magneic particles blocking the
true data that's still on those tapes.

    They're only telling you to run it through and let it stop.  Then, they
expect you to run it through using the second side the next time you uise
it.  There should be a control for auto-reverse somewhere on your tape deck
to turn that on/off.

Peace,
Gman