-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Specials

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:16:42 -0400

See below

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keyboard Cowboy" <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:22 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Specials
>> In addition, all the icons for Windows Explorer, Windows Mail,
>> Internet Explorer and a few others I keep on the Quicklaunch bar
>> have been changed and are too different and look to similar to be
>> recognizable.
>>
>> They "fixed" the Start Menu when it was not broken.  I don't want
>> to search for a program... I want to find it on the menu.
>
> This is easily remedied.  Just go to options and select the
> "classic" mode.  The choice is the users to make.

If I recall correctly, this takes you back to the old classic as in
Windows 95/98 and not to Windows XP.  And it does not return the icons
to to XP icons either.

>> Have you had any luck finding drivers for that almost new printer
>> that worked fine under XP?
>
> As I noted previously, when I tried all my programs this time they
> all worked perfectly.  All my hardware works too.  I suspect it is
> because the updates including SP1 have removed a lot of the issues.
> I have probably 40 different programs running including a great many
> Photo programs that are traditionally resource hogs....they all run
> well, in fact better, than on XP.

I **still** have customers coming in saying nothing works with Vista.
Even though the machines are now sold with SP1.  And theyare not happy
that they have to buy a new printer right after they just laid out 50
bucks for ink cartridges for the "not that old" one.

>  At this point in time, I would have no problem recommending Vista.

I might try it again when I am ready to redo the laptop again, however
my "Vista Ready" notebook has only 1GB of RAM and that is not enough
for the Vista Premium I got.  I fully expect Vista to fail the "Is it
worth the trouble test".

Don