-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Specials

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:44:41 -0400

Everything that Mike said!!!     :O)

Vista is the new XP.  If you fine folks can remember WAY back in 2002 when
XP was released (I have a hard time with that), XP received pretty much the
same type of howling and complaints as Vista has received since its release.
MS will do whatever it has to do to fix all the bugs and most of the major
complaints, but it's going to take time.  In the meantime, if you have plans
to give it a spin, make sure all of your hardware is strong enough to
support it.  In much the same way that XP forced folks to upgrade some parts
to get it to run well, Vista is upping the ante again.  Older systems that
run great with XP won't be able to handle the requirements of Vista, even if
you do a clean install.

Anyone who's interested in learning more about Vista should seriously
consider joining Mike's Vista group to get more targetted info.  The main
page for the group is in his sig on every post he makes.        :O)

Peace,
Gman