-=PCTechTalk=- Re: RSS PRIMER was Newsletter Merger (repost w/new subject)

  • From: "Don101" <don101@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:15:44 -0400

I went to her website and found this:

http://www.agoodread.com/rssfeedtutorial.php

It is a primer for those wanting to set up an RSS feed to reach those
that have a reader, not one for us that want to set up an RSS Reader.

I imagine downloading and installing the reader (or finding an online
reader) is relatively simple... perhaps akin to setting up an email
client.  But how do the feeds get to your reader?  Do you "Send and
Receive" like you do with email?  Can feeds received be replied to and
will they then appear on the website as "comments" like those posted
online to blogs, articles and stories on various sites?

I'm sure there are tons more questions to ask, but I think these are a
good start, especially for 12:15am after a hard swing shift at work.
:-))

Don