-=PCTechTalk=- HELP with file associations

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:38:34 -0400

Things were going so well I haven't had any problems that needed to be
solved but I sure do now!

I'm running XP Home.  Installed on my computer was Adobe Photoshop Starter
(free version)for months.  Now comes the wierd part. I just installed ACDSEE
7 which logically should have caused or been the problem but it isn't.

Every time I try to open up a .gif, a .jpg or a .png file, etc. Adobe
Photoshop Album opens and tells me I need to import it. I've gone to My
Computer, tools. folder options and everything is set to open up in Windows
Picture and Fax Viewer the way I always had it.  So it's not like I can make
a change there.  I tried rebooting but it did no good.  Like I said if
ACDSee were opening it would make sense and I wouldn't be happy but how all
of a sudden Adobe Photoshop is the defaul but not in My Computer is beyond
me.

Any suggestion would be most appreciated!