-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HELP with file associations

  • From: John Lehn <johnelehn2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:49:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

A work around (depending if you are willing to try another graphic program), is
to install "Irfanview" version 4.10

It is totally free and is possibly one of the best free programs asvailable.

Has a small footprint, so uses little resources, and can do almost everything
you want with a graphic program.

During the set-up phase you have the option to associate any graphic file
format with this program (and you can go back into it once installed and change
these default associations if you wish).

I won't go into the various enhancements except to list resizing, remove
red-eye, orientation of the PIC, slideshow, convert to greyscale, produce
negative of the PIC, etc, etc.   There are so many, it is something for you to
explore yourself.

If interested, just Google "Irfanview". (remember, Google is your friend,
ha-ha).

Any questions about this program can be adressed in this group, as many of us
use this program.

Regards,

John Lehn