[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:13:12 -0500

Richard Clark said it's an irony that people voted for Bush because they
thought he kept them safe when he did nothing to keep them safe and was even
counterproductive for safety.  Image is all, even in the high tech information
age.  What people want to believe is what they believe.  Reality doesn't enter
into it.  Eric is right in that sense.  The Electoral College doesn't make any
difference as an edge against the uninformed masses, since the Electoral
College is in cohoots with the corruption going on in Congress.

Regarding being united in wartime, it occurs to me that one would have to be
psychopathic to fight an offensive war with the same zeal one fights a
defensive war.  Maybe that's a good sign, Americans aren't psychopathic, that's
why we lost in Iraq.    But what a way to find out we're not psychopathic.