[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:27:05 -0800

Mike:  You should know better than to criticize my reading.  I've read
everything - well not everything absolutely, but everything representatively
- nearly.  I don't recall reading much Neocon material.  I don't think the
Neocon's wrote very much and what they did read was too brief.  The bulk of
what they wrote they did so when they were out of office.  Once Bush was
elected they quit writing.

In order to show that I'm wrong about our war against Islamism you either
need to show that the Islamists mean us no harm or are incapable of
subjecting us to harm.  The Islamists are bent upon our destruction
according to my reading of Sayyid Qutb, Ruhollah Khomeini and Maududi.
Osama bin Laden, a student of Sayyid Qutb's brother has consistently
advocated Qutb's ideology.

To say we are wrong in opposing Islamism is tantamount to saying we are
wrong in favoring our own survival.

If "by the rest of the world," you mean that part of the world which is
anti-American, then I commend you for your consistency.

Lawrence

  _____