[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:38:47 -0800

You are giving me a headache with your non sequiturs.  I didn't discuss the
"importance," but I do believe it is a necessary war.  It can become more
important if we dilly dally and let them win more than we ought to let them
win.  You have introduced several tangents which don't seem important.  We
have an implacable enemy.  We may or may not be fighting him as
enthusiastically as we ought.  From the fact that so many people want us to
withdraw prematurely from Iraq (to the delight of Osama) it is clear that
millions don't understand the "importance" of fighting this enemy.   So
perhaps the people you refer to as not doing something right ought to be
given some slack for not fighting them as well as they might.

Lawrence

  _____