[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:04:32 -0800

We have an enemy: the Islamists.  The Islamists want to conquer us.  We need
to oppose them.

If you disagree you should logically argue that we don't need to oppose them
or that they don't want to conquer us.

If we aren't opposing them as well as we ought, that doesn't detract from
the argument that we ought to oppose them.  Although I did mention it as an
aside, the people are being provided with faulty information by the media.
I blame the media and the people for that.  The media for being perverse and
the people for being gullible, but I am not surprised by any it.  We will
(as a people) eventually learn that the enemy is to be taken seriously -
that he does want to conquer us.  It took a lot of blood to get us into both
World Wars.  We probably need to bleed a bit more before we develop
enthusiasm for this one, but notice that Osama does intend to make us bleed.

Lawrence

  _____