[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 20:23:38 -0600

Welcome back to the fray, Lawrence.  I was hoping you'd reappear someday.  I've
missed you, man.  I think you must be the last living supporter of this war.

"The war against Iraq has been a tremendous success in the war against the
Islamists."

Amen.  We've turned all that around.  Sure those slippery devils sometimes
sneak into the Green Zone to blow people up, but that's fairly rare.  The Green
Zone is clearly under our control.  We've introduced the ultimate Gated
Community into a foreign culture -- they've got to be impressed with our way of
life.  Go America!!

But, you know, Lawrence, even your Stasi hero Bush has admitted that Iraq has
become a training ground for terrorists.  Hmmm.  Oh, but wait, you said the war
against the Islamists, not the terrorists.  I stand corrected.

Mike Geary
Memphis