[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:07:47 -0500

To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 1/20/2006 2:02:31 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

In a message dated 1/20/2006 12:44:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Loved the
offer to negotiate. The varmint is starting to wet
his bed. Love it!
Or, as I read, he put that part in to show the other folk in other countries
that he is not so bad after all.  The idea was that he recognized the antipathy
towards him from those in this country, but is astute enough to know, as well,
what to do in order to show those elsewhere what a reasonable guy he is...

He also always shows up when Bush needs to rise in the polls and things are not
so great for him these days.  Having the arch enemy appear when you need such a
boost must be very  nice for those in the current administration.

What better reason to continue with the NSA spy tapping than to have someone
appear and say that another attack on this nation is on its way?

The people who voted for Bush in order to keep us safe but who have been
rocking outwards because of the domestic issues as well as the continuing
problems overseas will rock back now ... they need to feel safe and Bush and
his rhetoric will make them do so.

(The Bush handlers could not have set it up better for his ratings had they
tried...)

Andy:  Why is that?  I know from a relational perspective (couples therapy;
Maggie Scarf, Jung) there's such a thing as "collusion", Jung calls it the
Shadow.  It basically says it takes two incomplete adults to make one complete
adult.  In a couples situation for example, one person needs closeness but is
afraid of it, so they choose someone who *thinks* they want to be close but
really (unconsciously) doesn't and they wind up push/pulling each other in a
dance of intimacy.  If OBL pops up each Bush needs a hand with the ratings,
something's going on.   Furthering the emotional side of this is that Bush
touts Saddam's gun as a personal trophy.  A personal trophy.  There is much
psychohistory going on here, if only we could see it.  Ah, but then the world
would be a very different place if we all knew why we do things.

Best,
Marlena in Missouri