[lit-ideas] Re: Text of bin Laden Tape

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:14:36 +0900

Hi, Lawrence. Good to see you here.

I'll even agree that we need to oppose those who want to conquer us.
Problem No. 1 is that, at this point, the evidence is all on the side
of we want to conquer them and not vice versa. We proclaim our good
intentions, but, hey, so do they. They say that they will attack us
until we are off what they see as their turf. They commit terrorist
acts (which I in no way condone) to demonstrate their seriousness;
but, when push comes to shove, we are the ones with armies invading
and occupying other countries.

What was it Christ said? The bit about the beam in one's own eye
before the mote in the other guys? Not to mention turning the cheek
and loving them that hate you?

John
John McCreery
The Word Works, Ltd.