[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: ] Hillary Clinton Speaks Up for israel at U.N.Rally

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:41:06 -0400

Carol Kirschenbaum wrote:

"This was not at all "obvious," Phil. In fact, it's at the center of
Bush's dubious case for "preemptive" war, a position that's now in the
dust."

What is obvious is not whether Saddam had WMD but that he gave the
appearance of having them.  From what I understand, Iraqi military
leaders assumed that there were WMD and waited for Saddam to use them.
He played games with the weapons inspectors.  The issue is whether
Saddam acted in a way that provoked the Bush administration.  If he did,
then he was a bad leader.

Carol:

"I'd say you have your gorillas confused. Bush muscled into Iraq. Then
what? Duh. We're a mighty gorilla growling and swiping our way pretty
dumbly through the world. Too bad Bush doesn't believe in evolution."

I am not sure how I have my gorillas confused.  I said that the U.S. was
the 800lb gorilla in the room.  You are suggesting I was wrong?

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON