[lit-ideas] Re: FW: Re: ] Hillary Clinton Speaks Up for israel at U.N.Rally

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:33:14 +0100

"...a 'bad' government would be one that provokes the 800lb gorilla in the room and then runs and hides behind the elderly and children."

And what about the onlookers who insisted that the 800lb gorrilla's minder be removed from the room.

The Lebanese government and its attached military are not, and have never been, capable of dealing with Hezbolah. And that's not even considering the possibility of civil war if it tried.

Besides, just because a government is deemed bad, does that justify its neighbour destroying the country's infrastructure?

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>