[elky] Re: Alternator problem = Elky killer

  • From: Saul Marsh <saulmarsh72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 18:30:40 -0700 (PDT)

I have a photo that I took before I took the alternator off.  It clearly shows
the alternator going on the front side of the bracket, so that's part of the
problem right there.  Problem is, with the new bracket, I'd have to put the
slider bolt in from the back (underneath the bracket), which doesn't make alot
of sense, so I think maybe the diagram in the '73 GMC Sprint Manual.

I'm glad I was able to find that photo.  It was in my "Sent Items" from yahoo
mail.  I tried sending that photo to this list awhile back, but now I see that
it's a huge file (2.42 MB) so it never made it through.  Anyway, tomorrow, I'll
put the old brackets back on and try this again.  I don't think my new shiny
chrome brackets will work.  And I just don't understand why GM would ever
design
anything like my old brackets.