[elky] Re: Alternator problem = Elky killer

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 07:44:03 -0500

Even in my 1980 Oldsmobile and 1984 Chevrolet manuals, it is called a
generator.  In reality it's an alternator.  Confusing enough? :-)

The only differences on the SI series for V-belts should be output, mounting
hole clocking, and *possibly* pulley, though usually the pulley is the same.
There will be a 10SI alternator in the parts store that fits Saul's car; the
problem is motivating someone to find it.

With parts like that, I normally take the old one and set it on the counter,
and any good parts store will *want* to take the "new" one out of the box, so
the old one can be put in the box to be sent in as a core.