[elky] Re: a moment of silence, please

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 13:03:24 -0700

Well Sitting here waiting for the gas company to come and turn the gas on... Only thing gas is the furnace and about to need that here. Next year will be replaced by a heat pump and no more gas.. Course I'd like a gas cooktop and waterheater and then I could run a line to the shop and use it for heat out there too. (House was originally all gas)

it would be wise to keep some of the gas, particularly the stove. The problem with all electric is when the power goes out you're up the creek without a paddle. Gas you can still cook. Ideally, everything should have some sort of backup.

Like the shop.  You need more stuff. <G>

Mary

Here is a pic of the shop in it's current state after I took down the wall inside that split it in half. Total size is 18 (IIRC) by 40. There is half a roof outside so when I add on it'll be 60' eventually.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/new%20house/1288583823.jpg

And a pic with the square tube still in after I took the sheet down.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/elcam84/new%20house/1288583822.jpg

Also replaced a section of missing insulation that the POs dog tore up.