[elky] Re: a moment of silence, please

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:34:41 -0500

                 Well nothing is gas anymore but the furnace and having and
the extra cost of also having a gas bill, the numbers just don't work out.
For outages I can power most everything with a generator and the new AC unit
will run off a generator as well as it doesn't need a huge one.

               For cooking I always have charcoal grill or propane grill
under the porch out back. It's metal like the shop and IIRC 20X18. Planning
on building solar cells to go on the roof of the shop. But... Lately some of
the B quality panels from the big companies are not much different than
building them myself. Cosmetic flaws but full warranty and output. Will put
the power straight into the grid so no batteries etc. WHat we don't use is
sold back to the utility company. And lots of sun here and the shop roof is
full sun when the tree next to it is cut down. Right up against it and
rubbing the roof.. They didn't cut them down before building it.

                     Robert Adams