Re: [ARMini-support] Experience so far with 5.19 (6 Jul 13)

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 14:52:11 +0000 (GMT)

On 04 Nov, Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <53a54d47a9jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Lesurf
>    <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 1) For whatever reason !Pluto now takes 3-4 seconds to put up its box
> > list main window when run.

> Here, it's the debatching that can take 3-4 seconds, sometimes even more
> - even if there's nothing to debatch. Haven't found any pattern yet,
> though.

I've just had another couple of examples of finding that after using Fat32
something else crashes. This time Pluto. It crashes at being run, but
doesn't (after a power cycle) complain that the index is out of date.

That set me thinking. Pluto does use squash. I've told it *not* to squash
my files, but does it call squash anyway when run? Maybe this is causing
the weird delay I now get.

Jim