Re: [ARMini-support] Experience so far with 5.19 (6 Jul 13)

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:12:09 GMT

In message <a70d64a653.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 6 Nov 2013  A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <53a657a242Paul@xxxxxxxx>
>>           Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Ah, now I see what you mean.  It never happened here, though.
>>> What does happen every now and then is a freeze after I've clicked on
>>> Restart, but that's probably not related to the persisting blank screen.

>> Restart should be sorted in the recently-released OS upgrade available
>> on the download site.

> Is that for the plain original ARMini? I've just been to the ARMini
> site, and the most recent OS upgrade I can find is OS6alpha. As a
> fully registered coward, I wouldn't dare try an alpha version unless
> somebody could reassure me that even in my hands nothing could go
> wrong!

Ah, I'm sorry, I should have clarified.  Both Paul and Jim have
ARMiniX systems, which didn't restart cleanly in RISC OS (had to power
on/off) with the original OS build.  This was updated.

Original ARMini users should update to the 5.20 SD card release (which
has been available for some months now through ourselves) for the
latest recommended OS.  I appreciate this isn't a super-cheap
solution, but it is the best way to avoid a load of potential hassle.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS