Re: [ARMini-support] Experience so far with 5.19 (6 Jul 13)

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:54:55 +0000 (GMT)

On 04 Nov, jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> 2) On a couple of occasions I get a blank screen rather than a normal
> bootup. The green LEDs on the pandaboard go out, and the green LED on my
> keyboard comes on, i.e. as usual. But no sign on-screen of either the
> list of modules loading or a desktop. Just a black screen. I've checked
> and it is looking at the correct input.

Correction. I've now had an example of seeing the init module list
onscreen, then a blank dark screen. So either the monitor driving is
failing or the OS now sometimes fails to get the screen to recognise the
mode I use for the desktop.

Given this I've experimented with screen modes. At the same pixel size and
depth I can get rates from 48 to 60 Hz to *just* work. However if I use a
rate above 50Hz one of the screen images I use as a backdrop shows some red
'speckles' in dark areas.

Anyone suggest an alternative MDF that might work better?

Jim