Re: [ARMini-support] Experience so far with 5.19 (6 Jul 13)

  • From: Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 12:04:30 GMT

In message <mpro.mvzulu026cfhs01zz.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8 Nov, Peter Young wrote in message
>     <233578a753.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Thanks for the reassurance! I will bite the bullet perhaps next week. Does
>> one need to transfer all the stuff from the existing USB "drive" to the
>> card, or is !Boot the only thing on the card? If so, how does one get both
>> "drives" showing?

> Having never seen one of R-Comp's cards, I assume they're one of the "dual
> format" SD cards that originated on the Pi and are now common on Beagle and
> Pandaboards as well.

Yes. 'SystemDisc' from Piccolo systems now allows such a card format
to be created, for any size of SD card, with just '$.!Boot.Loader' on
the RISC OS side. The RComp card is populated with a super set of
software for the target machine, such as monitor definitions etc.

--
Chris Hall <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>