[ARMini-support] Experience so far with 5.19 (6 Jul 13)

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:11:48 +0000 (GMT)

I've now been using the 'newest' official release for a few days. In
general it seems OK, but I've noticed two quirks.

1) For whatever reason !Pluto now takes 3-4 seconds to put up its box list
main window when run. (I'd also noticed this when I did an earlier test
that didn't use the official upgraded prog). Anyone know what is occupying
it for so long? Seems fine from then on.

2) On a couple of occasions I get a blank screen rather than a normal
bootup. The green LEDs on the pandaboard go out, and the green LED on my
keyboard comes on, i.e. as usual. But no sign on-screen of either the list
of modules loading or a desktop. Just a black screen. I've checked and it
is looking at the correct input.

I can't tell if (2) means the machine has run up OK but failed to get the
monitor's attention, or that the bootup has stalled at some point.

FWIW I'm using a Flatron IPS235 monitor in a 1920 x 1080 16m 50Hz mode.
The display is a bit fussy about modes so I'd only have limited scope to
alter this. Normally it looks great.

BTW *as yet* I've not re-exerienced the sparkfs/fat32fs 'clash' behaviour
since upgrading. But of course that might be luck and as soon as I send
this it'll crop up again! :-)

Jim