Re: [ARMini-support] Experience so far with 5.19 (6 Jul 13)

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 17:13:05 GMT

On 6 Nov 2013  Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <df706da653.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>        Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>> Thanks for making that plain. I must get the card, but does it come
>> with instructions suitable for an idiot?

> Well, I made it work 8-). I like to think I'm not an idiot where the
> software side is concerned, but I'm damn close to it on the hardware
> side.Even for me, going from a 5.19 boot on a USB hard disc to a clean
> 5.20 boot on the SD card took less than 5 minutes.

> The only thing that was anything like hard work was ensuring I'd got a
> list of all the "Look At" and "Run" items in !Configure->Boot to add
> back in for the new !Boot on the SD card, and copying all those
> essential add-on modules from old !Boot.Choices.Boot.etc to the new
> one.

Thanks for the reassurance! I will bite the bullet perhaps next week.
Does one need to transfer all the stuff from the existing USB "drive"
to the card, or is !Boot the only thing on the card? If so, how does
one get both "drives" showing? To save the manual updating of the new
!Boot, couldn't one use something like SyncDiscs, or would that be a
recipe for chaos?

With best wishes,

Peter.

--