Re: [ARMini-support] Experience so far with 5.19 (6 Jul 13)

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 14:44:25 GMT

In message <53a6485c92jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  So maybe the rear sockets in particular are
> very fussy/variable in some way. Or maybe this is a 'feature' of the USB
> driving by the OS?

I've never had any such issues with our logitech peripherals
(keyboard/ mouse and wireless combo set).  We recommend logitech
wireless set because it only uses one USB port.  Never an issue.  When
building, I always attach peripherals to the rear.

However, some machines may fail to start due to not getting enough
power internally.  Usually unplugging/reconnecting the molex power
lead inside and/or reseating the power connection to the internal USB
hub solves this.  Transit can cause this to become loose.  For
example, I have just done such a repair - as supplied to me, the board
would light up, but never boot (you'd see the lights flash off and
back on, as if constantly rebooting).  After removing the unnecessary
fan connection, and reconnecting the cables, the last 10 boots have
been perfect (also updated OS).

Note that latest OS build, power management ensures that active
cooling isn't needed, so the fan is not necessary unless you plan on
overclocking.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS