[access-uk] Re: Fw: Response from Lloyds TSB re chip & pin at home

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:53:57 +0100

Hi Colin
You said:
"This is certainly not acceptable, and frankly I'm disappointed of your
acceptance of a process which would be considered as treating blind and
visually impaired customers at a considerable disadvantage compared with
others for whom a similar reason would not apply."

Lets look again what the bank did say:

"Any customers that are not able to use the ACD device will be able to
continue to use memorable information to log on with."

Reasonable adjustment,  can't use the key pads so we let you stay
with old set-up.

Now this next  bit  is  proof the blind customer will not be at  a
disadvantage  compared to those that  will have to use the key pads.

"When using our Internet Banking service you will be covered under our
Online
Fraud Guarantee as long as you've been careful, for example, by taking
reasonable steps to keep your security information safe. This guarantee
would
apply to your accounts regardless of the above method you were logging on
with."

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx