[access-uk] Re: Fw: Response from Lloyds TSB re chip & pin at home

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 21:01:50 +0100

Hi derik:

How can chip and signature be less secure than chip and pin?  Recent
investigations have been highlighting how insecure the pin functions of =
the
chip and pin service is.  Chip and signature is more secure than the old
swipe system as it prevents card cloaning to a degree.  In the battle
between chip and pin and chip and signature, I think neither win out as =
one
can be tampered with to give away pin details, and the other could be =
swiped
and cloaned, so we're just going to have to be vigilant I think.