[pure-silver] Re: NOW: Exposing paper was Re: POP with paper negs?

  • From: "richard l. gifford" <rlgif@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:05:40 -0600

DarkroomMagic wrote:

> ... be aware that Mortensen and
> AA couldn't even agree on the time of day....

An understatement for sure.  The war is more obvious in
Ansel's writings.  Mortensen is fun to read for some of
his subtle references.

> For this discussion, I like to clarify that when talking about highlights, I
> don't refer to the brightest specular highlights in the print. I'm talking
> about the lightest image dominating areas....

And when I'm talking about dodging on the first work
print, I'm talking about the deepest shadows which I
know in advance are not going to show anything
otherwise.  I think we're not that far apart, at least
I hope not, because I continually gather lots of solid
insight from your long experience.

Regards...  Dick Gifford