[pure-silver] Highlights and other densities

  • From: "Stephen Moss" <smoss@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:32:29 -0400

Re: NOW: Exposing paper was Re: POP with paper negs?

I enjoyed the brief interchange about the relative
importance of highlights vs other densities etc. so much
that the discussion sent me to dust off and see what ?Art
and Visual Perception? , Rudolf Arnheim, had to say about
the subject.  After a few pages in the ?Light? chapter I
rediscovered what a complex visual world we live in.
 subtopics in the chapter: ?The Experience of Light?,
?Relative Brightness?, ?Illumination?,  ?Light Creates
Space?, ?Shadows?, ?Painting without Light?, ?The
Symbolism of Light?.

Stephen

Stephen Moss   smoss@xxxxxx

"I love deadlines."
"I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."
- Douglas Adams