[pure-silver] Re: NOW: Exposing paper was Re: POP with paper negs?

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:09:41 +0100

I just can't imagine a high-key image in which highlights are less important
than midtones.

Even with portraits, I would still prefer an image with good highlights
(probably the most lit side of the face), good open shadows and letting the
medium skin tones fall in between, over one where the medium skin tones are
theoretically perfect or 100% realistic, but the highlights are blown out or
the shadows are dead.

The only exception to 'expose for the highlights and control the shadows
with contrast', I can think of, are low-key images.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht