[pure-silver] Re: NOW: Exposing paper was Re: POP with paper negs?

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:29:32 +0100

Thanks for the clarification. Light needs shadows to be light. However, I
think 'eyes are attracted by contrast' makes more sense than my initial
statement. Photographers would be well advised to communicate with other
graphical artists more than they do.

The studies of Alfred Yarbus from 1967 show that the viewer's screening of
portraits is different from looking at other pictures. In portraits, eyes
and noses are specially selected.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht