[pure-silver] Re: NOW: Exposing paper was Re: POP with paper negs?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:10:07 -0500 (EST)

From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: NOW: Exposing paper was Re: POP with paper negs?
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:43:57 -0600

> Why do you make this disparagement? I never said that I don't dodge
> and burn,and I don't try to cram all detail into the print with soft
> contrast just to avoid having to dodge and burn.

You said "Since doing this I've found that I have to do *much* less
dodging and burning." (emphasis added) and I simply interpreted this
to mean that you accomodate more shadows and highlights by adjusting
the contrast instead of burning and dodging.

> -Peter De Smidt
> How about: "Don't attack people just because they disagree with you."

I'm not attacking anyone.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."