[pure-silver] OT: Concerning Rudeness Was: Re: Re: NOW: Exposing paper was Re: POP with paper negs?

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 01:50:30 -0600

Ryuji Suzuki wrote: : "Don't attack people just because they disagree with
you." I'm not attacking anyone.
Let's see. The part where you said that I adjust contrast in order to avoid
dodging and burning was just a mistake on your part. What's a little
Strawmanbetween fellow enthusiasts?  However, you also said that I _abuse_
contrast adjustment [emphasis added] and implied that my prints have low
contrast and look boring, although you've never seen them. Moreover you
endedwith "But if avoiding work is the goal, then you could machine print or
even better go digital." So my laziness might best be served by giving up my
decade long hobby. Please give me your non-offensive interpretation of that.
Since you're a smart guy, you should have realized what an offensive
statement that was. Finally, you've been unprovokedly rude to others here
recently, as anyone can see in looking at your comments directed to Ralph.
Nothing else matters a hill of beans if we can't deal with each other
respectfully.

-Peter De Smidt