[pure-silver] Re: NOW: Exposing paper was Re: POP with paper negs?

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:20:14 -0600

DarkroomMagic wrote: Don't use dodging and burning before the base exposure
and contrast is right. Make sure, you have a foundation before you build the
rest of the house! This approach eliminates frustration. A while ago I
calibrated my color head for constant highlight density with contrast
change.This has made fine tuning the contrast much easier, especially as I
can now pick fractional contrast grades. Since doing this I've found that I
have to do much less dodging and burning. For me, Ralph's suggestion is an
easier way to work.

-Peter