[openbeos-cdt] Re: Design Stuff ... and more

  • From: Nathan Callender <nathan_callender@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-cdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:25:04 -0800 (PST)

 David ...
Thanks for joining the team.  Sorry that no one has gotten you up to speed yet.
 We really don't have anyone dedicated to doing that (... that's another thing
that we need to do in this planning stage...), so I will go ahead and give you
a heads up.
To catch up, there's a forum at:
openbetalk.host.sk
that you can read.  Take time and read it all.  After that, go to:
//www.freelists.org/archives/openbeos-cdt/
which is our mailng list archive, and then read the last few weeks of messages.
We have an ftp site to upload our work.  You can find the URL in the forum
somewhere (lots of places actually.)
Here are some rules that we are trying to follow in the group ( ... and this
should be talked about it our planning stage as well).
1. Use the mailing list only for important announcements ... use the forum for
everything else.
2. Don't use explitives in your posts. ... and no negative attacks on
teammates' personalities.
3. We expect both positive and negative critism on our work as long as it's
objective.
That said, here's what's happening right now.  Guy is the project lead, and we
are working with him to come up with a suitable plan of action on how to do the
design work for OBOS R1.  We are releasing an inital artpack this weekend, so
check it out if you want to (it's on the ftp site).  So, next week hopefully,
we will start to lay out rules about how to do the design work and about our
identity as a group.
Anyway, we're glad to have you on the team.  If you need any further questions
answered, feel free to e-mail me personally at:
nathan_callender@xxxxxxxxx
peace,
NateC (saffertan)

  David Goodrich <goodrich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> comments?
yes. one: what's going on? i'm new to the cdt, and nobody really told me
what was going on... anything i can read to get me up to speed?
-david